So far this week I’ve learned that:
- Most people outside the Internet marketing arena don’t understand what web designers/developers do.
- My wife, one of the most intelligent people I know, has no idea what I do for a living. She tells people “he makes websites look nice”.
- 8 of the 10 people I’ve asked (in real life) about the Internet don’t know what a web browser is even though they use one every day.
- The phrase ‘inbound marketing’ draws a blank expression from experienced business people almost every time I mention it.
- Contrary to popular belief, a lot of people still use the Yellow Pages to research solutions to their problems.
- Charging subscribers to read the news online IS a viable business model, because most people are too lazy/don’t know how to search for free, high quality online news. And it looks cool on their iPad.
- Everyone else in the world has New Twitter except me (not a marketing lesson, or a lesson per se, but it’s annoying me).
Got anything worth adding to the list?