Are you a WordPress theme developer? Are you a full-time freelancer? Do you prefer writing code to dealing with clients? Are you an all-round nice person?
If you are, I’m hiring a freelancer to join my team.
What you get
- You get to build great WordPress themes from scratch, for startups, established businesses, bloggers and non-profits.
- You get to work for yourself, anywhere in the world, whenever you want.
- You get a clear specification on every job before you start coding. No guesswork required.
- You get to quote fixed-prices for projects and add-ons, and you get paid as soon as a project is complete.
- You get to focus on writing great code and let someone else focus on generating new business and project management.
What I want in exchange
- Your wholesale rates.
- Be deadline-driven. This is a deadline-driven business and you’re expected to act accordingly.
- Be honest. If you don’t have the skills or can’t meet a deadline, tell me before I add you to a project team. You’ll save us both a few headaches.
Project tasks include:
- Building WordPress themes from scratch using proven HTML & CSS theme guidelines and WordPress best-practices.
- Customizing themes, adding features, updating plugins and helping clients grow better websites.
- Migrating from my development server to live hosting environments.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- You’re great with HTML5 & CSS3 and have experience building responsive sites.
- You have a portfolio of at least 5 WordPress sites you’ve coded from scratch, without using a framework or a parent theme.
- You’re a full-time contractor, not a moonlighting employee.
- You speak English fluently and are available to chat on Skype for 30 minutes twice a week.
- You have a fast, reliable Internet connection.
- You’ve used Basecamp before.
- You have a working copy of Photoshop. Extra points for CS5 or higher.
- You answer messages promptly, you’re friendly, happy and you get shit done.
- You have a Paypal account to receive payments.
Join the Team
If you think you’d be a great fit, email [email protected] with your wholesale rate, a link to your portfolio and at least one social media profile I can look at.
And please remember that I want to work with freelancers, not outsourcing companies.